At Trident Eye Surgery Center we specialize in same-day ophthalmology surgery. After surgery you return to the comfort of your own home. Studies show that a familiar, comfortable environment helps speed recovery. Trident Eye Surgery Center is located at 9297-C Medical Plaza Drive, Charleston, S.C. 29406. We can be reached from 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 843-824-5024.
Your surgeon's office will schedule the date and time of your surgery, which may be based on the availability of operating rooms. A nurse will give you written instructions to follow on the night before surgery and the morning of surgery.
Bring your current insurance card(s), social security number and photo ID the day of your surgery.
If you are having eye surgery:
The following outlines the general information you will need to know before your surgery. Please follow all the instructions carefully to ensure that every aspect of your planned visit proceeds smoothly.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
- Bring all medications you are currently taking. Bring your eye kit if your physician has given it to you.
- A nurse Anesthetist will evaluate your medical history and medications and will answer any questions you may have.
- If possible please bring no more than one person with you. You must have someone designated to drive you home.
- Remove jewelry, make-up and nail polish. Wear warm, comfortable clothing.
- For visitor's convenience, there is a lounge with a television, magazines and beverages available.
- On average, most patients stay approximately 30 minutes after surgery depending on the type of procedure.
If you are having a laser procedure:
- You may eat and drink as usual.
- Take all regularly scheduled medications, including eye drops as prescribed, unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.
- Wear comfortable clothing. You will not be required to undress or remove jewelry.
- You may be dilated. Please ask your doctor if it is necessary to have someone designated to drive you home.
The staff at Trident Eye Surgery Center looks forward to serving you. Our policy states that the patient is required to pay his/her co-payment and deductible at the time of services. If you owe a co-payment, we will attempt to call you prior to your procedure with an estimate of your co-payment amounts.
- The balance of any charges for previous patient services at Trident Eye Surgery Center should be paid in full prior to your currently scheduled surgery. Your doctor's office is responsible for acquiring pre-certification numbers before the time of surgery and you will either be held accountable for the bill or your surgery will be rescheduled.
- You will receive a statement until the balance is paid in full even if the insurance is pending.
- Trident Eye Surgery Center does not accept letters of protection for such occurrences as Worker's Compensation or injury.
- Trident Eye Surgery Center accepts Visa, Mastercard, cash and personal check.
- Please be aware that you will receive a bill from surgeon, the anesthesiologist and Trident Eye Surgery Center. If you are having a biopsy, cultures or any tissue removed, you may also receive a pathology bill. The surgery center bills and makes financial arrangements for their services only.
If you have any questions, you can speak with an account representative between the hour of 6:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at (843) 829-5024 or leave a message between 3:00 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. and we will return your call. We look forward to serving you!
- Services A-Z
- Bariatric Surgery
- Burn Clinic
- Breast Care Center
- Cancer Center
- Cardiac Services
- Concentra Medical Centers
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Care
- Eye Surgery
- The Family Center
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Heart Valve Clinic
- Intensive Care Unit
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Music Therapy
- Robotic Surgery
- Neurological Services
- Senior Health
- Sleep Lab
- Speech Therapy
- Sports Med & Rehab
- Surgical Services
- Wound Care