There is no safe way to smoke, use snuff or chew tobacco. All forms of tobacco use can cause damage to the body – even in small amounts. Stopping smoking will help your heart do its job delivering blood to the rest of the body. Now is a great time to kick the habit.
Why should you quit smoking?
- Reduces your chance of heart attack, stroke and cancer
- Improves your health
- Sets a good example for children
- Improves your sense of smell and the taste of food
- Your home, car and breath will smell better
- You no longer have to worry about quitting
- Saves money
- Those around you will be healthier
- Freedom from addiction
- Provides a healthier environment for those you love
Please discuss any questions for aids to stop smoking with your doctor. Trident Health offers smoking cessation classes. For more information, please call Consult-A-Nurse at 843-797-FIND (3463).