The TrueBeam™ Linear Accelerator at Trident Cancer Center was designed by Varian Medical Systems to “make cancer the victim.”
Based upon years of research, the TrueBeam™ Linear Accelerator provides a game-changing capability in tailoring treatments to a patient’s particular case and type of cancer.
The TrueBeam™ Linear Accelerator at Trident Cancer Center incorporates both the TrueBeam™ radiotherapy system and the TrueBeam™ STx radiosurgery system.
TrueBeam’s advanced radiotherapy system can deliver higher doses of radiation at great speed so that most treatments can be given in just minutes. The TrueBeam™ STx radiosurgery system is engineered to deliver higher doses to smaller areas, allowing treatment of the most challenging cases.
More important details about TrueBeam™:
- TrueBeam™ synchronizes a radiation beam system to an imaging system that allows doctors to “see” the tumor they’re treating.
- It also compensates for your breathing as it targets the tumor. Even tumors that move (for example, those in the lungs) can be precisely targeted.
- TrueBeam™ gives doctors the flexibility to customize treatments for an individual’s particular cancer, including some of the more complex cases in places like the head and neck, lungs, breast, abdomen and liver.
- TrueBeam™ can be used to deliver advanced forms of radiotherapy, and this gives your doctor the opportunity to tailor your treatment – to choose a method that is best for your particular case.
- Continuous two-way audio and video with the therapist who is operating the system allows you to communicate easily during your treatment.
- TrueBeam™ runs smoothly and quietly. Advanced features allow music to be played during treatment.