We’re serious about helping you FIGHT the flu!
What is the flu?
It’s a viral infection that affects your respiratory system.
How long does it last?
The flu can last from just a couple days to two weeks.
Have a flu question? Call (843) 797-3463 to speak with a nurse 24/7.
- Sore throat
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Vomiting (more common in kids)
- Diarrhea (more common in kids)
The difference between the flu and a cold
The flu in children
Kids under five years old are at an increased risk for flu complications. Take your child to the ER if they have the normal flu symptoms and:
- Have a blue or purplish skin color
- Are so irritable that they don’t want to be held
- Cries without tears (in infants)
- Have a fever and a rash
- Have trouble waking up
- Have trouble breathing
- Have stomach or chest pain or pressure
- Have signs of dehydration (dizziness, not urinating)
- Seem confused
- Can’t stop vomiting or can’t drink enough fluids
If you or a loved one are having a flu emergency, visit one our four ERs.