For more information about our program, please contact Agness Gregg, our program coordinator.
How to Apply
Welcome Letter from our Program Director
At Trident Medical Center, we are excited about welcoming our first class of emergency medicine residents. We are looking for students who will be hardworking and excited to learn. Residency is demanding, but the clinical exposure will include numerous patients with diverse problems that will challenge trainees to think critically, act expeditiously and develop skills in efficient and compassionate care.Read the full letter
The Trident Medical Center Emergency Medicine Residency Program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.
The Emergency Medicine Residency Training Program at Trident Medical Center is a newly accredited three-year program designed to train the next generation of physicians and physician leaders.
Our collegiate approach to learning fosters excellent opportunities for professional growth, committed mentorship and clinical research. Alongside dedicated attending physicians and enthusiastic colleagues, residents strive for excellence in their training and provide high-quality healthcare in patient-centered environments and community-oriented service.
Get to Know the Team
Nicholas Connors, MD Program Director
Curriculum & Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Salary & Benefits Information
These amounts are subject to taxation. On-Call Meal stipend is paid half in July and half in January
New residents and fellows receive up to $500 for orientation if it takes place before the official contract employment date.
Residents receive the following additional benefits:
- Professional Memberships
- Conference and Travel Expense
- Cell Phone
- Other Board Prep and Educational Expense
Professional Liability Insurance
The hospital will provide professional liability insurance coverage during the training period within the scope of the program. Professional liability insurance coverage provided for the purpose of program training does not extend to moonlighting activities or other activities.
The HCA Healthcare Total Rewards program offers the following benefit options for residents and their dependents:
- Health and Welfare Benefits Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Health Care and Day Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Core Plus Benefits
- Auto & Home Insurance (Note: Home insurance not available in all locations)
- Legal Benefit
- Long-Term Care
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Permanent Life Insurance
- Financial Fitness Program
- Retirement Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- 15 days PTO, 5 days educational leave
- Consumer Discounts
- Mobile access to over 125,000 discounts including phone and automobile
- On-duty and On-call Meal Allowance
- Access to food and beverage in the cafeteria and resident lounge
- State License and DEA Provided
- The hospital covers the expense for physician training license and DEA
- ACLS/PALS/ATLS Training
- The hospital provides annual training certificates to physicians on training
Learn more about HCA Total Rewards at HCA Careers.
Frequently Asked Questions about our Emergency Medicine Program
Applicants must be recent (2 or fewer years) graduates from medical school to be considered competitive. Special exceptions will be considered for:
- Candidates entering a new residency after completion of the first residency in an ACGME accredited program
- Candidates with an MD or DO with an MPH/MS/PhD and extensive prior research experience after completion of an LCME or an AOA accredited medical or osteopathic medical school in the U.S. or Canada, or
- Candidates who have served a prolonged period as a general medical officer in the US military.