TMC PGY1 residency program purpose
The Trident Medical Center (TMC) post-graduate year one (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program builds on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of a clinical pharmacist responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification and eligible for post-graduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
TMC PGY1 residency program mission
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. The TMC PGY1 pharmacy residency is a 12-month training program which aims to provide in-depth, comprehensive learning opportunities to develop pharmacy residents into well-rounded, clinically savvy acute care pharmacy providers.
Trident Health mission statement:
Above all else, we are committed the care and improvement of human life.
C - Customer always comes first.
A - Actions speak louder than words.
R - Respect if the golden rule.
E - Excellence in everything we do.
Trident Health vision statement
Our vision is to be recognized as a compassionate family of diverse healthcare professionals who pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service with quality outcomes for our communities.
Inpatient pharmacy services
- Centralized 24/7 inpatient pharmacy services
- Decentralized pharmacy services M-F
- Medical / Surgical units
- Inpatient rehabilitation unit
- Emergency Department
- Peri-operative services
- Infusion Center / Oncology
- Anticoagulation Dosing Consult services
- Vancomycin and Aminoglycoside Dosing Consult services
- Pharmacist Directed Medication Dose Adjustment Protocol
Intensive care unit (38 beds)
- Mixed Medical/Surgical/Cardiovascular - 28 beds
- Neurosurgical / Trauma - 10 beds
- Pharmacy Critical Care Services