Effective June 24, 2013, Medical Records will no longer be kept on site and must be mailed to you or faxed to your doctor’s office.
Trident Health is committed to protecting your privacy. All requests received are processed and released by HealthPort, our Release of Information vendor.
If you are interested in obtaining a copy of your medical record(s), please print and complete the Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information.
- Be sure to fill the form out completely, including signing and dating. Failure to do so will result in a delay in processing your request.
- If you would like a copy of your x-rays on CD, please complete a “Medical Records Request Form” and take the completed form to the Radiology Department.
- In order to verify your identification and validate your authorization, HealthPort will require that you include a legible copy of a valid photo I.D. (e.g., driver’s license, military I.D. or state I.D.), and a telephone number.
- Records that are requested by someone other than the patient (e.g., holder of a medical power of attorney, court appointed guardian), additional documentation may be requested for proof of your authority to act on behalf of the patient as required by state and federal law.
- If your doctor needs your records for an upcoming appointment within the next 5 days, please call your doctor and ask their office to fax a request for your records. Please ask their office to write your appointment date and time, so that we may process the request prior to that date.
- Since our records are located off-site, you will not be provided the option to pick up your records in person at the hospital.
Upon completion, choose one of the following options:
Mail the form to:
P.O. Box 922788
Norcross, Ga. 30010
Fax the form to:
Requests are processed in order received. Please allow five to ten business days for processing. If you have not received a response to your request within 10 business days, please contact HealthPort directly at (877) 403-8825.
There is no charge for records sent directly to your physician or healthcare facility for continuum care. There is a fee for copying medical records for all other requests. HealthPort charges 25-cents per page, plus postage and tax. HealthPort will send you an invoice directly from their office: HealthPort P.O. Box 922788 Norcross, GA.