Trident Health introduces its new OB/GYN Hospitalist Program, which provides 24/7 obstetrics and gynecology coverage in the hospital. These hospital-based doctors focus on providing care to admitted patients, as well as those arriving in Labor and Delivery. To provide you with the best experience possible, Trident Health is collaborating with OB Hospitalist Group (OBHG), the largest dedicated OB/GYN hospitalist provider in the country. OBHG’s goal is to ensure that every expectant mother is afforded the basic privilege of consistent and unconditional care by a physician when arriving at the Labor and Delivery department.
OB/GYN Physician Availability
- OB/GYN hospitalists are immediately available to you on-site 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- In the event your local doctor is not available, the OB/GYN hospitalists can examine you, evaluate the progress of your labor, review test results and your baby’s heart rate, and stay on top of your evolving condition to provide a safe delivery.
- If your condition changes or an emergency occurs, the OB/GYN hospitalist is in the hospital ready to respond to your needs.
- If your doctor is not at the hospital, the OB/GYN hospitalists can provide optimal medical care, as well as answer any questions you or your family may have.
- Our OB/GYN hospitalists are highly skilled in a variety of different delivery techniques.
- In addition to board certification for OB/GYN, doctors are required to have additional specialized training. They are required to maintain high levels of clinical performance and professional standards.
- Like your personal physician, OB/GYN hospitalists communicate directly with key medical personnel in the hospital, including medical and surgical consultants, discharge planners, social workers, clergy, and others. This communication is essential to ensure a positive, safe and comfortable experience throughout your delivery and stay at Trident Health.
- OB/GYN hospitalists can expedite care for you and can easily create connections with providers of home health care, skilled nursing, specialized rehabilitation, and other services as needed.
The Best for You and Your Baby
In order to provide the best care for you and your baby, your doctor will make sure the OB/GYN hospitalist has your complete medical record and birth plan. The OB/GYN hospitalist caring for you in your doctor’s absence will make sure that a complete report comes to your doctor about everything that has happened in the hospital. Everyone at Trident Health including your nurses, physician, and the OBHG hospitalist team, has your safety and your baby’s health as their most important priority.