Emergency, inpatient and intensive care services for children – quality for your family, close to home.
Summerville Medical Center (SMC) provides 24-7 pediatric care for newborns to age 17. Services include a dedicated emergency department just for kids and a six bed inpatient and intensive care unit designed for families, so that parents can comfortably stay with their child. The inpatient unit, created just for our young patients, is bright, beautiful and welcoming
Residents of Dorchester County, North Charleston and surrounding communities are now just minutes from emergency pediatric services. As a national leader in quality care, SMC is proud to make this healthy commitment to our kids.
The state-of the-art pediatric department includes board certified pediatric emergency and intensive care physicians, 24/7 pediatric nurses and a specially trained music therapist. All rooms are private and include child-friendly artwork, colors and special lighting to make it easier for young patients to pass the time.
The Pediatric Emergency Department includes a separate waiting room and patient treatment rooms.
- Board Certified pediatric emergency physicians and intensive care physicians
- 24/7 Pediatric Emergency Department specifically designed for children
- Around the clock pediatric nurses trained in pediatric emergency care
- Minimal to no wait times
- Hospital staff trained to provide optimal comfort for children and families
- Dedicated Pediatric Inpatient Unit and Intensive Care Unit
- Medical and surgical conditions in both the ER and Inpatient Unit
- In-house Respiratory Therapist trained in Pediatric Respiratory Care available 24/7
- Pediatric PT/OT/ST